If you are an attorney licensed to practice in the State of Utah, join our roster of Arts Attorneys! We will refer artists and arts organizations to you, generally those seeking pro-bono or reduced fee services (typical expected rates are $ 50-$ 75 per hour). Your name will not be posted in a public listing; we will refer cases to you after consulting with you on your availability and qualifications for a particular matter.
Why Join Us?
- Support a cause you love (get out of the office!)
- Donate pro bono hours (you always intended to, right?)
- Learn more about arts-related law (expand your skills!)
- Gain exposure for your law firm (client development!)
- Meet other lawyers with similar interests (we have parties…)
Who do we need?
We are happy to have any lawyer with an interest in the arts join our Arts Attorneys roster, but we have particular need for attorneys with experience in the following areas (you can list your experience on the sign-up form):
- Non-profit entities (formation and maintenance)
- Tax (specifically tax-exempt organizations)
- Copyright and licensing
- Contract negotiation and disputes
- Enforcement of intellectual property rights online
- Music law
- Publishing law